* Simple to install and maintain; a single rugged fiber optic cable serves as both the sensor and the telemetry path.
* The fiber optic cable is rodent, weather, tamper, and crush resistant.
* System automatically adapts to any environment, from freezing arctic temperatures to the desert sun, and can detect through wind, rain, ice, or snow.
* Fiber optic cable is unaffected by EMI due to electrical storms, nearby power lines, electrical equipment, radio transmissions, or any magnetic anomalies.
* Fiber optic cable is lightweight, yet very strong and durable. A one mile segment weighs only about 40 pounds, and has a breaking strength in excess of 350 pounds.
* A one mile cable can include up to 200 sensing zones, and the sensitivity range for each zone is independently adjustable from the operator console.
* No special fencing is required; may be installed on existing fencing with minimal mounting hardware.
* System requires no calibration; simply plug in the all-optical sensor cable and the system configures and calibrates itself.
* A continuous built-in monitoring process guarantees the highest accuracy without the need for periodic calibration.